Using FeatureSetbyName in Arcacde

Jump to solution
05-31-2019 10:49 AM
James_Armstrong
Occasional Contributor

This is a question on using ARCADE within Portal for ArcGIS.  I have recently upgraded ArcServer,, Portal, and DataStore to 10.7.  This was done primarily to access the tools available such as FeatureSetbyName.

At this point, within Arcade, I am not able to access the profile, especially the popup which has the $map.  I can add the function to the script editor window, but upon test, all I get is ":Runtime Error: Identifier Not Found. $map".

I am not sure why the $map item is not found.  Any suggestions?

James

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James_Armstrong
Occasional Contributor

OK,  My Bad.  I figured this out.  IN order to use this function, the layer needs to come into the web map as an individual  feature layer.  using a full map services will not work.

James 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
James_Armstrong
Occasional Contributor

OK,  My Bad.  I figured this out.  IN order to use this function, the layer needs to come into the web map as an individual  feature layer.  using a full map services will not work.

James 

BillHoney
New Contributor III

Really helpful - thanks !

SueJohnston
New Contributor III

James,
Does every layer you want to identify, then have to come in as a separate feature layer?

Thanks!
Sue 

0 Kudos
James_Armstrong
Occasional Contributor

Sue,  I believe it does require layers to be add individually.  At least that is how I am working.  There may be another solution to this, or there could have  been a fix, but in all honesty, I have moved on to other issues and have not circled back to check.  

If you do find more information on this or a better way, than please share.  

Good Luck!

James

0 Kudos