Unable to Connect to Portal. (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 301.)

Jump to solution
09-26-2019 05:24 AM
APaulsen
Occasional Contributor

We supposedly have all our ports open for mobile devices to connect to our Portal, though when I simply try connecting through the Explorer app on iOS (Apple device), I get this error.  Anyone else have this error or know how to resolve it?  Is it our server and security or the iPad/ iPhone??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeLong
New Contributor III

This appears to be resolved in the latest release. Version 19.1.0 build 2614.

View solution in original post

20 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andrew,

What version of Portal are you using? Is it configured with a CA certificate signed by Comodo? This is my best guess, at first glance:

BUG-000084782: The Comodo Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) CA certificat.. 

-Josh

0 Kudos
APaulsen
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
JoshAndreas
New Contributor III

Isn't this bug a resolved ArcGIS Online Bug? Would it also apply to Portal?

I'm also on 10.7.1, am experiencing this issue, and as I mentioned in my other comment on this thread, this issue only started occurring when we updated our iOS to 13.1.2, which makes it seem like an Explorer app compatibility issue, not a server-side cert issue.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Hm, a 301 HTTP code means it's redirecting, but that may be different from IOS exception codes. A quick search online returns a list of ErrorDomainCFNetwork exceptions, and it seems like 301 may be bad credentials? Not a developer so this is a pretty big leap:

CFNetworkErrors.cfErrorHTTPBadCredentials - CFNetworkErrors | Apple Developer Documentation 

APaulsen
Occasional Contributor

It works through the browser (Safari) though not through the app.  We also have it where our Portal uses Windows authentication errors out before prompting for user name and password.

I should also add that I can get into our Portal through a browser, though once I click on a web app there is nothing there.

0 Kudos
JoshAndreas
New Contributor III

This happened to my boss after she updated her iPhone. To verify, I updated my phone today to 13.1.2 (was on 12.4.something) and I get this same error now, too. It was connecting without issue before the upgrade.

0 Kudos
JOSHVICKREY1
New Contributor II

Is ESRI going to respond on this.  We have same problem and all field workers using Explorer on iPad get this error now. This is a major problem.

please advise 

JoshAndreas
New Contributor III

I called a couple days after my posts above and they were already aware of this issue; an Esri response on here to confirm the bug would've been nice.

Here's the email response I got from technical support w/ BUG # so you can track progress:

As discussed over the phone, you are unable to sign into the Explorer for ArcGIS app on your iPhone with your Portal for ArcGIS (IWA) credentials. The error message is, kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 301.

You are encountering a high priority defect which is occurring after the iOS update to version 13. The only workarounds are to disable IWA on Portal or use an iOS device with version 12.0.x.

I have attached your case to the below defect. You can track the status of the defect in your MyEsri account.

BUG-000125896 - After updating to iOS 13, Explorer for ArcGIS is unable to login to Portals configured with Integrated Windows Authentication(IWA) with the error kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 301

Hopefully "high priority" means they're going to make an emergency release rather than wait to perfect the update that they claimed would come this summer.

PeterMetzger
New Contributor

I am in the same boat as you, our field workers depend on this software and iOS13 is needed by our IT department for security updates.  When are you going to resolve this issue esri? this is causing a major loss of service for our users!

I have contacted tech support as well and they have this logged as a bug, iOS13 was a PUBLIC beta in June, why was this software not ready for the roll out?