Searching on Portal for ArcGIS 10.3 returns some results in Norwegian

Jump to solution
11-19-2015 11:17 AM
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

I have a 10.3 Portal for ArcGIS instance, with various layers, maps, and apps registered.  When I search by keyword, I get a correct list of results for content registered with those keywords, but I also get results from web mapping application templates, often in another language.  Please see the attached screenshot for an example.  When I search for DRAs, I get some maps and layers that have DRAs as a tag, but at the bottom of the results, there are links to two web mapping application templates in Norwegian.  Is there any way to omit these search results so my users don't see them?  Some update to a config file somewhere?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jay,

By default, Portal for ArcGIS includes content for every supported language. When you or members of your portal search for content, results may be returned that do not apply to your specific language.

In the forthcoming Portal for ArcGIS 10.4 release, you will be able to configure your portal to remove Esri-provided content from specific languages from search results. When you do this, search results are limited to the languages you selected.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jay,

By default, Portal for ArcGIS includes content for every supported language. When you or members of your portal search for content, results may be returned that do not apply to your specific language.

In the forthcoming Portal for ArcGIS 10.4 release, you will be able to configure your portal to remove Esri-provided content from specific languages from search results. When you do this, search results are limited to the languages you selected.

Hope this helps,