Portal Webapp Edit Widget (Update Coordinates)

Jump to solution
11-16-2020 01:50 AM
Labels (2)
GeorgeJoubert
New Contributor II

Can anybody help. Our organisation is running on Portal 10.7.1 and I have had troubles with some features. not being able to update the coordinates. (The mouse pointer does not want to change into the little hand.) All these are on the same layer. Anybody have a solution to this, as we are trying to update coordinates on a large number of features (equipment)?

The problem is not only relevant to this layer.
Currently my solution is to make a small change on the Widget settings in Web app Edit mode, for some reason it fix the problem for one feature, till I move to the next.
Second solution is to send the feature to Survey123, but due to out strict validation process it is not ideal as it forces the user to go to site to collect data.
I have attached a screen recording and a screenshots. Movie clip indicates the one feature is allowing me to update coordinates and the one next to it not? Second screenshot indicates my settings.

Hope this is the correct board to post this problem.

George

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GeorgeJoubert
New Contributor II

Hello All,

My colleague managed to identify the cause to the problem and we have a easier temporary work around for the problem than the one posted yesterday. In short, we use the search function to find our equipment and it seems the search function cause the feature to be locked from coordinate updating. Please view the video clip that illustrate this. So by clearing the search criteria it enables a person to update the coordinate.

We will investigate an fix to this problem with ESRI.

George

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello George, 

I just watched the video you provided and that behavior is really odd. I just tested in my own Portal 10.7.1 and was not able to reproduce the same issue.

One troubleshooting idea would be be to turn off the labels and see if you are still unable to move edit the geometry. 

0 Kudos
NoahKrach
Esri Contributor

Hello George, 

I just watched the video you provided and that behavior is really odd. I just tested in my own Portal 10.7.1 and was not able to reproduce the same issue.

One troubleshooting idea would be be to turn off the labels and see if you are still unable to move edit the geometry. 

0 Kudos
GeorgeJoubert
New Contributor II

Hello All,

The solution below is not working. I am replying only now as our organization did a portal update since the problem was reported. The update did not resolve the problem. Turning the label off does not resolve the problem.

Only workaround I could find is as follow:

1. Open the browser and switch on Development Tools (F12)

2. Open the app and navigate to the feature (pin) that does not allow you to update the coordinates

3. Go into edit mode

4. Hit the refresh on the browser

5. When the window in the bottom right corner opens (App state) click on it and it zooms to the last position

6. Open the edit mode again and then for some reason one can update the coordinates.

The problem is not linked to the web browser as I tested it in (IE11, Chrome, Edge and Edge Chromium)

Any advise or suggestion will be appreciated.

The problem exist regardless if I use a view hosted or hosted layer.

George

0 Kudos
GeorgeJoubert
New Contributor II

Hello All,

My colleague managed to identify the cause to the problem and we have a easier temporary work around for the problem than the one posted yesterday. In short, we use the search function to find our equipment and it seems the search function cause the feature to be locked from coordinate updating. Please view the video clip that illustrate this. So by clearing the search criteria it enables a person to update the coordinate.

We will investigate an fix to this problem with ESRI.

George

0 Kudos