Portal Upgrade 10.7.1 to 10.8.1 - Index Service configuration failed

Jump to solution
01-15-2021 02:11 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Running the upgradeportal.bat file with the necessary parameters ends with the indexing error mentioned in the subject.  It is a VM with 4 cores and 8GB of RAM and over 100GB of remaining disk space.  Any ideas where to start figuring this out?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It turns out in the log file it mentioned there was a lock file in ..\arcgisportal\index\nodes\0\node.lock.  I tried deleting it, but it kept coming back every time I ran the upgrade.  I finally deleted the lock, then restarted the server.  This removed the lock file and allowed the upgrade to take place.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi Ben, I am think it might be speed related, upgrades fail some time if your base speed is low, e.g. low cpu speed with mechanical hard drives. If the installer pops up when you install then you can try to run the upgrade silently, how I do that is to run the portal.exe and append /qb and then parameters.

Hope it helps

Regards

Henry

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It turns out in the log file it mentioned there was a lock file in ..\arcgisportal\index\nodes\0\node.lock.  I tried deleting it, but it kept coming back every time I ran the upgrade.  I finally deleted the lock, then restarted the server.  This removed the lock file and allowed the upgrade to take place.