Portal for ArcGIS - Basemap Thumbnails Not Displaying

Jump to solution
07-08-2015 11:22 AM
BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

Anyone experiencing that the thumbnails for the default basemap gallery do not display (Portal for ArcGIS 10.3 newly installed)? There is a screen shot below where you can see that some display while others do not. This occurs when viewing in multiple different browsers and the Collector app. I placed a ticket with Esri and they had not seen it before and are working on it. I wondered if others had experienced it and know a solution? I tried to manually assign a thumbnail to the basemap details page but because it is Esri content assigning a thumbnail is not available as an option. Any ideas where these thumbnails reside on the server, if I knew the location I would test out placing the thumbnail there assuming I got the naming convention correctly. 

MIssing Thumbnails.jpg

12 Replies
John_HaroldTabuzo
New Contributor

Hi,

I am also having the same issue when using the Custom Basemap of Web app builder. I hope ESRI can do something to finally fix this bug. I mean it's already 2020.

0 Kudos
RossCBrewer
New Contributor III

Ever find a fix/workaround to this, Matt?

0 Kudos
KingstonArcGIS_Online
New Contributor II

I had this issue in the Portal WAB seems the token was corrupted and displaying two of them.

Fix: Edit the App, removed the basemap gallery widget from the app > Save and clean cache refreshed the app to make sure it was gone. Edit again and re-added the Basemap Gallery > Save/clear cache / refreshed and it should work now. 
Note: Removing and Re-adding may be enough to fix it just not the way I went about debugging it.
0 Kudos