Portal Diagram with Federated Server and Data Store?

06-01-2015 09:28 AM
JustinShepard
Occasional Contributor II

I'm trying to locate some diagrams, similar to the level of detail at Multiple machine deployment with ArcGIS Web Adaptor—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Ser... that show all of the pieces for a HA Portal setup. Here are the pieces I'm looking for:

• NLB
  • Web Adaptor (for web-tier SAML sign on)
  • Portal
  • Data Store
  • Server for ArcGIS: Data Store seems to require Server to make that work right, rather than Portal being setup with a Data Store directly, so I'm thinking the design would also require Federated Server for ArcGIS

I just want to make sure that I have it clear in my head how all of the pieces fit together, what needs to be on it's own server machine, and what needs a web server with adaptor in front of it (for example is all of this behind a single web server with adaptor or does the Portal have one and the ArcGIS Server have another).

Thanks.

1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Justin,

I realize this is a very old thread, but it popped up in the "recommended" related content feed while I was looking at another question. So I am posting a response so this thread does not appear "ignored".

> I'm trying to locate some diagrams ... that show all of the pieces for a HA Portal setup.

Please review this help topic,
Deployment scenarios for a highly available ArcGIS Enterprise—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Ente... 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos