pop ups not working in Chrome

Jump to solution
04-06-2021 02:16 PM
ElizabethDonahue
New Contributor III

Pop ups for maps and apps in enterprise portal are working in IE but NOT in Chrome. A few weeks ago I noticed Chrome not opening ftp sites so I edited chrome://flags to enable flags. How do I get pop ups to work again in Chrome? do I need to enable something in Chrome?

Thanks!🙄

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
ElizabethDonahue
New Contributor III

I tried the advice from another thread to keep  Chrome 'Zoom' at 100% at that is allowing the pop-ups to work again.

0 Kudos
Jelle_Stu_PR
Occasional Contributor II

Be aware that is may still vary per user. The issue is also depended on the screen resolution.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

They probably were working at the other zoom but they were off screen.

It is quite often people on Laptops will mess with the display settings and decrease the resolution and or change the scale to 125-150%.

I include now instructions on all my help documents suggesting the use of default settings.   I had one person I was trying to help for some time. Finally I did a Teams meeting and they had theirs set at 200%, even though they were docked to a larger monitor.

0 Kudos
HeatherScroggins

I just wanted to add my two cents to this topic in case someone else runs into the same issue I did.

I was obviously searching for a reason why my popups in portal weren't working in Chrome and came across this topic. I didn't really pay mind to the zoom settings at first, I never zoom in on a webpage so I didn't think this applied to me.

Looking at my display settings on my laptop though I discovered that the default setting is zoomed to 125%. That is the recommended setting. Changing that to 100% fixed the issue.

I know Robert mentioned resetting things to default settings but in this case, the default setting would be 125% because that is tagged as the recommended setting. So just something to keep in mind.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I find it very peculiar that recommended would be 125%.  Is the display on your laptop very small?  

0 Kudos
HeatherScroggins

The recommended setting (which I have it set at) is 1920x1080. Which I feel is average. Although to be fair, I am not a computer person so could be wrong.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I think recommended is based on the size of your display.  Out of curiosity I disconnected my laptop from the docking station and its recommendation is 150%,  which would cause pop ups to appear off screen. My laptop only has a 13" display. 

0 Kudos
Jelle_Stu_PR

Technical Details of the issue are explained here in a Chrome bug report/thread. It turned to be an experiment regarding the mouse down and mouse drag events. Due to the many reported issues, they will stop with this experiment. It is mentioned that the issue will be fixed by the end of this week. No update of the Chrome browser will be required.

0 Kudos
Jelle_Stu_PR

Google has changed some settings last night. I no longer have the issue anymore. No update was needed. I have heard from others that they also don't have the issue anymore.

MarkInsco
New Contributor II

Thank you for this information - the issue appears to be resolved for us, too.  Much appreciated!

0 Kudos