Operations Dashboard/Web App Builder Number of Points per Polygon Using Count Feature in Infographic Widget

12-21-2020 12:50 PM
AdamBakiera
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to figure out a way to show how many points there are in a polygon and to display that using the Count feature of the Infographic Widget. There are two separate issues here. First, one of the polygon layers is a raster so it won't even let me choose it as a workable layer. The other polygon is vector but when I go to set up the Count feature, I can't figure out how to get it to display the number of points in that polygon. More specifically, I'm trying to get a count of how many customers my company has that fall within the Drought Monitor layer from the Living Atlas. The Drought Monitor also has 5 different levels so it would also be really useful if I could have a breakdown of how many customers are in each drought category. 

1. Are raster layers not compatible with the Infographic Widget?

2. Is there a way to set up the Count feature of the Infographic Widget to show number of points within a polygon?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Is this for a web app or are you happy with either dashboard or webapp? I think the Infographic widget only filters by extent, but unsure if other versions have better functionality.

1.I would be extremely surprised if they were compatible, though im not an authority on the subject.  

2.Do you want to draw the polygon or select counts within an existing polygon? If so - dashboard elements are designed to be filtered by attribute matches or spatial queries (intersection).  You can either use a category selector or click on the map to define the selection.

0 Kudos
AdamBakiera
Occasional Contributor

I'm not too concerned if it's WAB or Operations Dashboard, either works. I'm wanting counts within an existing polygon. That polygon is also symbolized by category so if I could get counts in specific categories, that would be ideal but even if I can get counts within polygon that would be a step in the right direction.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I'd have a play with the Indicators and Lists in a Dashboard, they should do what you're requiring.

0 Kudos
AdamBakiera
Occasional Contributor

Is Operations Dashboard more limited on the Portal/Enterprise side than in AGOL? I know I've built Indicators in there before in AGOL and you could have layers interact but I'm having trouble getting it set up in Portal. It's like some of the menus and options aren't there. 

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

most likely. One gotcha is you must have feature services rather than map services for a few of options with layers.

0 Kudos