Need to move a dashboard from Portal for ArcGIS to another Portal for ArcGIS without using the ArcGIS Online Assistant

10-20-2020 12:03 PM
AdamSchimmelpfenning
New Contributor

Are you able to download Dashboards from Portal for ArcGIS? I noticed you can download web mapping applications but I can't figure out a way to download a Dashboard. Is it possible to move a dashboard from one Portal to another Portal without using the ArcGIS Online Assistant? It would be best not to have to rebuild.

2 Replies
PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

My experience is that Dashboards are not movable or copy-able and require a rebuild from scratch.

I open the current Dashboard on one screen and then emulate the work in the new environment.

I have read or been told that it might be feasible to copy a dashboard via json or was it xml?

Anyway, I recall trying to copy one time and it was just a real cluster.

Was much easier to do what I describe above.

And I think all I was trying to do was to point at a new data source, everything else was the same except the name of the hosted feature layer.

If someone could create a tool for doing this, wow, it would be a huge hit.

Paul Davidson

ABCWUA

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Adam,

> Are you able to download Dashboards from Portal for ArcGIS?

Confirming Paul's statement in his post that dashboards are "... not movable ..." is correct.

> Is it possible to move a dashboard from one Portal to another Portal without using the ArcGIS Online Assistant?

You can clone a dashboard from one portal to another using the ArcGIS API for Python, please take a look at this esri Knowledge Base technical article,

How To: Copy content from the Operations Dashboard of one Portal for ArcGIS or ArcGIS Online account... 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos