multiples symbols in the same layer

07-26-2011 01:22 PM
AdrianaZ
New Contributor
Can someone help me to create multiples symbols for the same layer please? basically I have created a layer for individual burial sites but I also need to add the gender and the orientation of the burial for each of them. I tried to add the same layer twice and then move one of them with with a different symbol but when i try to add the same layer for the third time and move it with yet a different symbol, it moves the last two layers at the same time one on the top of the other. Please help!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KensieWorsham1
New Contributor II
If there is not alot of burial sites close together, you could try symbolizing the burials and then using multiple stacked labels to represent the gender and orientation.

JKW
0 Kudos
MatthewPatterson
Esri Contributor
You could try converting your symbology to a representation. 
Right click your point feature > Convert symbology to representation.
Then right click your new representation > Symbology tab > Under rule one > Add a new marker layer.  You can add as many as you like.
Change to desired symbology symbology and add an offset if you want it to be visible.  I have attached a screenshot of a simple example.
[ATTACH]7949[/ATTACH]

Hope this helps!:cool:
0 Kudos
DavidWilliams
Occasional Contributor
why not color by gender and rotated (layer properties > symbology > advanced > rotate) to match orientation?
0 Kudos