map service of raster has no transparency

06-30-2014 06:15 AM
deleted-user-ugCMpXci8bn5
New Contributor III
I created a map using Kernel Density, then Raster clip to the city boundaries.  I added 50% transparency to the layer in the MXD.  When I publish and add to the webapp as a Dynamic map service (10.2), instead of transparency I get a heat map with all the 'NoData' area colored grey, and the map service layer iscompletely covering the underlying features with no transparency.

How can I get transparency with this layer?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
New Contributor III
I should note that I want to have different transparency level for different layers in the map service, so setting the opacity using the Javascript API won't do.  I realize I can add several services specifying opacity for different map layers within the map service, but I would prefer to not add several map services to display one map.
0 Kudos
New Contributor III
I should note that I want to have different transparency level for different layers in the map service, so setting the opacity using the Javascript API won't do.  I realize I can add several services specifying opacity for different map layers within the map service, but I would prefer to not add several map services to display one map.
0 Kudos