Legend icons not printing

05-17-2013 06:49 AM
StephenAtkins1
New Contributor II
I've search around and I have no clue why this is happening.  I'm using some 3D marker symbols on a map of a lake we run.  On screen all of the icons show both on the map and in the legend just fine.  When I go to print to actual paper or to pdf or even save as a jpeg the legend is missing some of the icons.  Can anyone shed some light on why?  I'm using ArcMap 10.1.

Thanks
Stephen
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
StephenAtkins1
New Contributor II
Okay this is really annoying.  After playing around with it for the last few minutes things are really messed up.  The map used to have the icons only missing in the legend but now they are missing from my map also.  I reloaded a backup of the mxd file I made and they are still missing now when I print or export.  What the heck is going on?

Stephen
0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III
Embed them in the export setting when you make a PDF.

I've search around and I have no clue why this is happening.  I'm using some 3D marker symbols on a map of a lake we run.  On screen all of the icons show both on the map and in the legend just fine.  When I go to print to actual paper or to pdf or even save as a jpeg the legend is missing some of the icons.  Can anyone shed some light on why?  I'm using ArcMap 10.1.

Thanks
Stephen
0 Kudos
StephenAtkins1
New Contributor II
Okay now it's a newbie question.  Where do I find that setting?  Thanks for the help it's been driving me mad for the last couple of hours.
0 Kudos