IWA Login for Portal Prompting for Credentials

08-03-2018 12:00 PM
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All!

I have IWA configured for our on-premise portal and we are having a problem where users are being prompted to enter their Windows credentials before accessing portal.  From the documentation that I have read, users should pass right through and not have to log in at all as long as they have a user account (which they do).  From the Documentation:

When you use IWA, logins are managed through Microsoft Windows Active Directory. Users do not sign in and out of the portal website; instead, when they open the website, they are signed in using the same accounts they used to log in to Windows.

Does anyone else experience this?  Is there a workaround or an IIS setting that I'm missing?

I can add the URL as a Trusted Site but I don't see this as a viable solution.  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
NickHarvey
Occasional Contributor II

Yep that did the trick (now works in Private Browsing, etc) Thanks Again!

0 Kudos
NathanHeickLACSD
Occasional Contributor III

I wanted to add to this topic.  I was having similar behavior.

What I found was that I was using the etc/hosts file while migrating to a new server to map our production server alias to the local server.  Initially, I entered the following:

#.#.#.#  alias.domain.com

It worked for a lot of things like setting up the web adaptor.  It didn't work once I got to setting up IWA.  While troubleshooting, I tried using the machine name instead of the alias and IWA worked.  So, I then tried modifying the etc/hosts file as follows:

#.#.#.#  machinename.domain.com  alias.domain.com

I'm not well-trained in networking so I don't know why leaving the machine name out of the entry caused an issue.  I do know it fixed my problem.

0 Kudos