Is there a way to get a hosted feature layer item's true size?

09-26-2018 02:34 AM
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

We're running ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 with Portal, Data Store and hosting server all on separate machines.

I've published a hosted feature service from ArcMap containing two empty point layers, both with attachments enabled.  The content page for the item in Portal reports the size as 55kb (which it probably was when I published it) and if I use the python api to report the size using gis.content.get(itemid).size then it reports 56560 (which I assume is in bytes).

However this layer has had a lot of records inserted into it recently using Collector, including multiple photos as attachments for each layer. If I export the service to a file geodatabase then the reported size of that item is over 750mb, which is a truer reflection of the size of my feature service.

I get that the data is actually hidden away in the Data Store but is there a way to force Portal to properly report on the true size of the layer as stored? Either using the Python API or Rest admin interface?

I'd like to get to a point where I can script a report on the whole Portal to show the top items that account for space in the Data Store.

Thanks

Gareth

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
WesleyLiddell1
New Contributor II

Hi Gareth, Have you made any progress with this? We just had the same question arise and it seems like a obvious question an admin would like to know.

0 Kudos
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Wesley,

No I didn't get anywhere with this. I might try switching to the Portal forum instead or raising as a support call with ESRI.

Gareth

0 Kudos