Is it possible to customize the login page in portal for arcgis.

08-22-2017 11:01 AM
akshayloya
Occasional Contributor II

I've portal for Arcgis 10.5 (behind the firewall). I have to customize the login page with the client's company logo, banner and all those. How can I do this. Any work around ?

39 Replies
AshrafDar
New Contributor

Hi Derek,

If we somehow try to customize the login page such as hiding esri logo etc, does this have any impact on the license?

Regards,

Mohammad Ashraf

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mohammad,

I'm not sure what you're asking. As I've posted earlier in this thread, customizing the login page is not supported. And this should not impact software licensing.

Hope this helps,

akshayloya

Is there any way to pass username and password from my login page and writing the code for portal login in my application itself ?

Need this urgently. Kindly help.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Akshay,

> Is there any way to pass username and password from my login page and writing the code for portal login in my application itself ?

Are you asking if you can write a custom app to login to Portal for ArcGIS? For example, a web app connecting and signing into Portal? Please see this help topic for the ArcGIS API for JavaScript,

IdentityManager | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.4 

Hope this helps,

akshayloya

Yes. I have used this later. Thanks

0 Kudos
AnthonyFord
New Contributor II

Is there any way to remove everything in the black boxes, and keep the middle login box? Ideally, I'd like to wrap the corporate colors and brand around that login box.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Anthony,

You can remove the "Create An Account" button from the display, please see this help topic:

Disabling users' ability to create built-in portal accounts—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Ente... 

Hope this helps,

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

just fyi, here is an additional note in another thread https://community.esri.com/thread/199954-require-administrative-approval-for-new-accounts-in-portal#...     re the correct formatting when adiding the disable

{"WebContextURL": [webcontextURL], "disableSignup": "true"}

see the notes in the other thread for more info.

AnthonyFord
New Contributor II

Thank you. Now, just to disable that top bar.

0 Kudos
EricPeña
Occasional Contributor

You can also simply edit the signin.html file found in the Portal installation directory:

[Portal Installation Folder]\ArcGIS\Portal\webapps\arcgis#home\signin.html

I added a <div> with a logo and some text right before <div id="signInStyle"></div> in the signin.html file.  You could change the banner style within the signin.html file as well.

I also edited the classificationBanner property in Portal's config.js file (see Set advanced portal options—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise)