Invalid SSL certificate found. PKIX path building failed

11-06-2018 06:27 AM
PrasadJ
New Contributor II

Hi,

We are getting below issue on Portal for ArcGIS version 10.5.1.

Issue:

Invalid SSL certificate found. PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Initial time the Portal for ArcGIS is working fine but SSL Certificate got expired then we are facing the issue while doing analysis, even we change the logs to debug all the log file is filed with the text which i have pasted above as issue.

Now we upload the new certificate even though issue not resolve.

Please suggest to mitigate the issue.

Tags (1)
6 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

What certificate are you using for the admin URL for the federated Server(s)? Make sure that the certificate used for that URL is imported as a trusted root certificate:

Configuring the portal to trust certificates from your certifying authority—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5....

PrasadJ
New Contributor II

Thank you for the reply Jonathan.

The Portal is working initially with all the tools  but after the certificate was expired we got below issue while working with Analysis Tool all the other 

We already imported the organization Wild Card Certificate (root) which is renewed.

Before renew the Portal is already working with Analysis tool on the Map Area.

All the logs file is showing below message only.

"Invalid SSL certificate found. PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target"

Please suggest 

0 Kudos
SushilPradhan2
New Contributor

I am experiencing the same issue, have you managed to resolve it?

0 Kudos
SushilPradhan2
New Contributor

I am experiencing the same issue, have you managed to resolve it?

0 Kudos
RaymondBoswell1
New Contributor II

Did you have any luck with this issue?

0 Kudos
JCGuarneri
Occasional Contributor II

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to share what worked for me.

What needs to happen is you need to import the root and intermediate certs from the certifying authority to let Portal know that certs issued by that authority are OK. The org wildcard cert was not a root cert in our case. For example, our org uses GoDaddy, so I searched online for  "GoDaddy root certificates" and found GoDaddy has a page to download these from. I added them to the server and portal, restarted both, and was able to complete my workflow (federation, in this case).

@SushilPradhan2 @RaymondBoswell1