I am upgrading from ArcGIS Portal 10.4.1 to 10.5.1

07-14-2017 01:05 PM
BanchanaPandey
New Contributor III

I am upgrading from ArcGIS Portal 10.4.1 to ArcGIS Portal 10.5.1

In the step where I create the initial administrator account, the dialog doesn't show the information about where the content directory location is pointed at. Screenshot attached error1. This screen shot is from the time when i upgraded to 10.4.1. This time, when I am upgrading to 10.5.1, i don't see the red box highlighted part, but I see all items from beginning with First Name and ending at Answer. I am thinking that this must be the cause of the two issues that I am seeing when I complete the installation. the issues explained below:

When I complete the installation, I am seeing these two issues below.

Screen shot below: error2  "Unable to configure the Portal with Web Adaptor. Please make sure that the Portal and WebAdaptor are of the same version".

ArcGIS Portal and WebAdaptor, both are of the same version and i did make sure that before i started with the protal upgrade, i logged in to the portaladmin and unregistered the web adaptor as well.

screen shot below: error3 You are not authorized to use this resource

when I try logging into the portal admin with the initial administrator account, i get his message You are not authorized to use this resource. But using the same account, i can log in to the portal home just fine and see all the contents etc.

Any ideas anybody, specially from esri? Any information is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

13 Replies
MathiasGieser
New Contributor III

Susmita, how did you fix this?  I am encountering the same issue.  Did you do the fix Damian Slee mentioned below?  I am working with tech support and they are stumped.

0 Kudos
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

See this link it describes the workaround to get admin tool working,  But no solution on how to actually get it to work with your own cert.

Common problems and solutions—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos
DamianSlee
New Contributor II

Edit the Portal server.xml file and change the ssl certificate back to "portal" to get Portal working on a self signed certificate.

You need certificate with machine name and dns alias in the Subject Alternate Name section of the certificate.   Don't proceed importing certificates until you have this.  We created a single certificate with the Subject Alternate Name set to a list of all the servers in our stack with and without full domain name, including machine names and DNS aliases.  Yea a long list, essentially 4 entries for each server.   Works now.    One certificate for all IIS, Portal, Server(s),..
BanchanaPandey
New Contributor III

The resolution to my issue was to remove the proxy settings through the portal admin before the installation and  that took care of my issue. So I restored portal back to older version where everything was working well. Then removed the proxy settings through Portal Admin and started the 10.5.1 upgrade. After the installation was complete, I put back those settings back again. esri support helped me finally.

0 Kudos