How to re-download Portal PRVC files?

Jump to solution
09-05-2018 02:49 AM
LR
by
Occasional Contributor III

I need to provide PRVC for both server and portal in the Enterprise Builder.

For Server, I can find the file here:
Manage Existing Provisioning Files > Pick Licence Type ArcGIS Server > Details > Download Provisioning File

Unfortunately, there's nothing for Portal there. There's only the usual EPC code under View Authorizations > Level 2 Named Users. There, I have "0 available of 1 total licenses", with an expiration date in 2019. Was the download option a one-time opportunity?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

L R, 

I'm afraid this is a limitation in MyEsri.  In your case, the Portal license was previously authorized.  You cannot provision a license if there is no license to provision from.  You will need to manually create the provisioning file.  Consider the following options:

1.  Copy the existing provisioning file for your ArcGIS Server.  Open it in Note Pad or any other text editor.  The top section contains your personal information.  The bottom section contains your licensing information.  Remove the existing features for ArcGIS Server.  Instead provide the Portal ECP codes.  Here's an example:

// Features and authorization numbers
Portal Level 2=ECP123456789

Save the file with a .prvc extension.  

2.  Contact Technical Support.  An analyst can help you create the file you need.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Provisioning files—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

then there are a number of help topic links related to the type of user etc

Convert Named User licenses to Single Use—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Authorize and start ArcGIS Pro with a Single Use license—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

If you aren't the admin, you will have to check with them, or contact esri

AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

L R, 

I'm afraid this is a limitation in MyEsri.  In your case, the Portal license was previously authorized.  You cannot provision a license if there is no license to provision from.  You will need to manually create the provisioning file.  Consider the following options:

1.  Copy the existing provisioning file for your ArcGIS Server.  Open it in Note Pad or any other text editor.  The top section contains your personal information.  The bottom section contains your licensing information.  Remove the existing features for ArcGIS Server.  Instead provide the Portal ECP codes.  Here's an example:

// Features and authorization numbers
Portal Level 2=ECP123456789

Save the file with a .prvc extension.  

2.  Contact Technical Support.  An analyst can help you create the file you need.  

0 Kudos
LR
by
Occasional Contributor III

Looks like this worked - I figured I'd need the Provision ID but the one already present in the server file was accepted too.

0 Kudos