Help ArcGIS Portal Not Lunching

07-07-2017 10:43 AM
Okeke_Onyedikachi1
New Contributor III

Greetings,

Please help I have been struggling with this for days, after successfully installing and authorizing ArcGIS Portal 10.5.I selected Create New Portal option, filled the needed information then clicked Create... A page popped out informing me that the portal has been created and would need some minutes to restart... I have been waiting for days now for the portal to load or restart, but the portal has not restarted or load.

Please I need urgent help on this.

Running on Windows Server 2012 r2 

32G Ram

Using Google Chrome browser 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Okeke,

Go to your Windows services and try restarting Portal for ArcGIS manually.  It usually takes 3 - 5 minutes to start up.  Then try accessing the following URL:

https://<server name>.domain.com:7443/arcgis/home

Okeke_Onyedikachi1
New Contributor III

Jake thanks for your response... I will try that 

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

In your other post, (https://community.esri.com/thread/197833-help-arcgis-portal-is-not-lunching ), there was a suggestion to use a different browser, such as IE or Firefox.  Chrome has a problem with Portal where errors aren't properly returned to the UI.  You're likely seeing an error, (username or password policy perhaps), but the home app isn't returning the error.  Open the https://<server_name>.<domain>.com:7443/arcgis/home/ page in IE or Firefox and try to create the Portal again.

The Chrome issue is fixed at 10.5.1.

PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jonathan:

Fixed at 10.5.1 for all versions of Chrome?  I had applied that Patch in 10.4.1 which corrected most issues with Chrome but every once in awhile, I'd still have an issue that was similar to the previous ones.  I decided it was not worth having to wonder if an error was Chrome based or something else so I shelved Chrome with Portal.

Thanks.  Are you presenting at the UC again?

JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Paul,

Yes, it should be fixed for all versions of Chrome.  There were some issues specific to certificates, like you mentioned in your other post, which again was Chrome related.  If you reached Manager of a federated Server through a URL using a self-signed certificate, the page may not have loaded. The problem was that Chrome forgot the exception set for the certificate:

1)  Reach the Manager page through 6443 using a self-signed certificate and proceed through the warning

2)  Since it's federated, Manager redirects to the Portal oauth sign in page.

3)  Once signed in, you're redirected back to 6443.  At this point, Chrome forgot that you had provided an exception for the self-signed certificate, but you're authentication, so the console would throw a bunch of INSECURE RESPONSE errors.

Not sure if this is what you were seeing but it's the other Chrome related problem that comes to mind.

And yes, I will be! Building your first ArcGIS Enterprise and Disaster Recovery and High Availability for ArcGIS Enterprise.  They're mostly late in the day, but that's alright!

SamJehle1
New Contributor III

Is there any sort of patch for Portal 10.5 being pushed out to fix the Chrome issue? I have a 10.5 portal and web adaptor (on separate machines) set up and Chrome is unable to use the web adaptor to get to the portal and returns a generic "site can't be reached error". I'm able to use the direct portal url in Chrome with no problem. Also, IE has no issue.

0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1

10.5.1?

0 Kudos
SamJehle1
New Contributor III

Hah, now that I think about it I don't know why I even asked

0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1

I'd imagine because a patch can sometimes be a lot easier to apply than doing an upgrade!

0 Kudos