Getting please enter a valid ArcGIS URL when connecting to an ArcGIS Enterprise URL

01-31-2020 05:16 AM
TimLangner
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to connect to an ArcGIS portal using the ArcGIS Companion on a work mobile. However, I am getting the warning:

Please enter a valid ArcGIS URL.

The URL I am using ends with /portal and is taken from our portal home page - minus everything in the home page URL after /portal.

Can anyone offer any advice on this? Many thanks,

I also wish to do similar to this with the Collector app. In that case, it is on my own phone and not a work one.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Travis_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hello,

My first thought is all of the barriers between your phone and your Portal. Are you attempting this on the same network as the Portal Web adaptor or off of the network? Depending on the issue, you may need to import your web server's root certificate into your phone as well.

Regards,

Travis

0 Kudos
TimLangner
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks, Travis for replying

The phones were logged into my organisation's Wifi. Obviously when out in the field, I would be using mobile data and not be on the same network, which in the case of Collector, is the whole point of it.

I'm not certain how I would go about importing the web server's root certificate to my phone. Is there any ESRI documentation on getting Portal to work on mobiles and also getting Portal to work in Collector?

0 Kudos
Travis_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hello,

The best documentation I could find is this following technical article. There may be more documentation but it is going to be from Apple/Android as installing certificates to a mobile device is going to vary from mobile device/OS to mobile device/OS.

Error: The server you are trying to connect cannot be verified 

If we take Collector out of the picture, can you navigate in the phone's browser to the Portal URL and login from there? Does it appear without giving you any certificate errors?

Regards,

Travis

0 Kudos