Geoprocessing widget in Web Map App: Input???

Jump to solution
07-22-2017 03:11 AM
NikolausPruzsinszky
New Contributor II

I am trying to use a geoprocessing widget in a web map app. The tool needs a .csv as input. In the app, I always have to enter the full unc path manually to the input field in order to make it work. How can I get the usual file selctor (leading to dome explorer-like window)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NikolausPruzsinszky
New Contributor II

Converting the model to a script and adding scripttool based on this script with appropriate configuration of the input parameters and then republishing it solved the problem. Not possible with models

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnthonyKobah
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nikolaus,

Assuming the GP Service is published from a model, could you edit it to include a "folder" variable which is set as a parameter. 

Insert - Create Variable -- Folder (scroll down till you see folder). You can then make the tool point to that folder as its input. 

Not sure if this will work but it's worth a try. 

Anthony

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

You'll want to set the parameter type to "File" and then enable the "Uploads" capability on the GP service.  That'll let you upload a file to the GP service when executing it.

NikolausPruzsinszky
New Contributor II

Converting the model to a script and adding scripttool based on this script with appropriate configuration of the input parameters and then republishing it solved the problem. Not possible with models

0 Kudos