GeoPDF not working properly

06-06-2012 02:50 PM
deleted-user-dbQhBq-o3nyM
Occasional Contributor
Using ArcMap 10, I exported a map document to an interactive GeoPDF using the following options on:

Save as type: PDF

General
Resolution: 300 dpi
Output Image Quality: Best
Ratio: 1:1

Format
Destination Colorspace: RGB
Compress Vector Graphics: ON
Image Compression: LZW
Picture Symbol: Rasterize layers with any picture marker/fill
Convert Marker Symbols to Polygons: OFF
Embed All Document Fonts: ON

Advanced
Layers and Attributes: Export PDF Layers and Feature Attributes
Export Map Georeference Information: ON

Clip Output to Graphics Extent: OFF

When I open the PDF, there are three layers - one layer consists of the title, legend, and north arrow, another layer contains the map outline, the other layer contains an image of all the layers I want to be able to turn on and off, but they're compressed into one layer called Image. How do I get the "Image" layer to separate into the individual layers found in my regular map document? Why is it all or nothing?

Attached is a copy of the PDF I've produced.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
CarmellaBurdi
New Contributor II
Hi Dave!

Thanks for replying to this.

I have only one raster layer (my bottom layer) in the .mxd so I'm not sure that is it. It doesn't seem to matter whether I take it out or not. Only the top 2 or 3 layers will show up as individual layers at any given attempt at an export. The rest will clump together.

Honestly, I've given up on it for now. Just a shame, because the functionality would be nice for my non-GIS folks who want to see a map.

Carmie

Been a bit since I was exporting GeoPDFs but if I remember correctly, you can only get one raster layer. All rasters compress to a single "image" with whatever raster was "on top" being the one that is shown as the image layer. Shapefiles, points, lines, polygons will each save as individual layers, but rasters will not (if I'm remembering correctly).

Are some of the layers rasters?

Currently not on a machine where I can test this.

Cheers,

Dave
0 Kudos