Filter by date not showing correct results in web map?

10-02-2019 06:14 AM
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi - I have a Portal 10.7.1 web map with a registered feature service in it. The feature service has a time zone property set to Eastern Standard Time with Daylight Savings (this is the time zone the data are in). There is one date field in the data. The pop-ups and attribute table for the feature service correctly display this date data, however, when I filter the date field via the web map (or the filter widget in WAB), it displays incorrect results. The filter gives results for the day AFTER the day that I filter. For example, if I filter "DateField is on 9/26/19", the attribute table and map will show all the records where the date field is 9/27/19. I've attached a screenshot showing this example. 

I've tried deleting/publishing a new service, setting time properties in Pro vs Server Manager, publishing from Pro vs ArcMap...all yield the same thing. I have a ticket in with Tech Support but they are stumped and I'm hoping someone in the community has advice.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I think it is because the database is defaulted to Greenwich when dates are created and when you query the date field it is looking your many hours to GMT

It was frustrating because our field crews are taking a lot of photos and the manager wants the date included with the photo name when I extract them from the Attachment. 

So I created a python script to adjust the time difference to corrected.  In our case -5 or -6 depending on the time of the year.

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson

Thanks Robert. I did already adjust my date field for Eastern Time though; and it shows correctly in the pop-ups and attribute table in the web map. It's only when I query the data that the results are wrong. 

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Is your DAR Date an automatically populated date either Created or Edited.

Is the data in your database being refreshed or have some process happening to it every night?

Is it showing those results right away or the next day

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson

Hi - yes, the data is coming from a SQL Database view that refreshes every 15 minutes and the results show right away. The DAR date is auto-populated in the view, it is set to equal the current date. 

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Did you set  up the date field by enabling editor tracking or just create the date field with manual entry?

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson

Manual entry 

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I see your dilemma . If it was the automated date (last edited) I would speculate something in your system is making some sort of update to your data and changing the date when it refreshes.