Exception while computing compute certain flags in self resource (ex: supportsSceneServices). Likely cause is a badly configured system default account (system_publisher)

04-18-2018 06:03 PM
PrasadJ
New Contributor II

We are getting some latency issue with Portal for ArcGIS environment with federated ArcGIS server.

After publishing the Map Services, while getting the layer display over the map control is very slow some time it is not showing.

I try to get the debug logs one of the debug message is 

Exception while computing compute certain flags in self resource (ex: supportsSceneServices). Likely cause is a badly configured system default account (system_publisher)

The system is validating well but not fully supporting

Tags (1)
3 Replies
JohnBrockwell
Occasional Contributor III

Did you ever get an answer on this? I have numerous DeBug logs that mention this?

0 Kudos
DanielSieger
Esri Contributor

Sorry to reply so late. I was just encountering this same issue and wanted to share my findings so that others wouldn't need to dig.

Portal is trying to verify some of it's settings. It needs to know whether it needs to update any settings. It is checking whether your ArcGIS Data Store endpoints are reachable and they are not. In my tests, these DEBUG messages appeared once a minute in my Portal's logs while my Hosting Server was turned off. Once I turned it back on, the messages stopped appearing.

If the Hosting Server is turned off, or unreachable, or the validation of the Relational, Tile Cache, or Spatiotemporal ArcGIS Data Stores fails, then this message will appear in the Portal's logs. 

I have logged an issue asking for this messaging to be more clear. As it is, I agree the message does nothing to help you understand what is wrong. 

JohnBrockwell
Occasional Contributor III

In my case, a cisco switch failed (ARP Table issue). No log in portal points you to that! Brutal, to say the least. I was so busy trying to troubleshoot an issue with my ArcGIS base deployment that I didn't identify the most simplest issue. Can machine A talk to Machine B?

0 Kudos