Error when using analysis tool in Portal for ArcGIS 10.4

Jump to solution
03-16-2016 09:57 AM
AlbertoAloe
Occasional Contributor

Hi guys:

I successfully configured Portal for ArcGIS federation with an ArcGIS for  Server instance (setting up a hosting server  as well configuring a managed geodatabase for the arc server). When I try to create  hosted services in the Portal everything is working fine and I see that data are ending up correctly in the managed geodatabase. However, when I try to run an analysis tool I get  the message:

Unable to create service ‘layername’. The servers managed database is not an ArcGIS Data Store

I was under the impression that configuring  a managed geodatabase in a DBMS was equivalent (or better) to using the ArcGIS Data Store, a solution that you can use when you do not have a DBMS at your disposal.

I tried several times with different options of creating the feature services (hosted uploading a shape, through arcgis server, hosted uploading a file geodb, hosted through ArcMap) with no success.

The question is:

In order to use Analysis tools in portal for ArcGIS 10.4 am I supposed to exclusively use ArcGIS Data Store instead of a DBMS managed geodatabase ?

Thank you

Alberto

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielSieger
Esri Contributor

Great question. The Portal for ArcGIS Analysis tools do require the ArcGIS Data Store be used as the hosting server's managed geodatabase.

You can see this in the instructions to Configure the portal to perform analysis.

Configure the portal to perform analysis—Portal for ArcGIS   (10.4) | ArcGIS for Server

The first two steps are these.

Install ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Data Store.

Create an ArcGIS Data Store and register it with your ArcGIS Server site.

Let me know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanielSieger
Esri Contributor

Great question. The Portal for ArcGIS Analysis tools do require the ArcGIS Data Store be used as the hosting server's managed geodatabase.

You can see this in the instructions to Configure the portal to perform analysis.

Configure the portal to perform analysis—Portal for ArcGIS   (10.4) | ArcGIS for Server

The first two steps are these.

Install ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Data Store.

Create an ArcGIS Data Store and register it with your ArcGIS Server site.

Let me know if you have any questions.