Enterprise Sites Setup

09-04-2018 04:04 PM
MarcCavallaro
New Contributor III

I'm attempting to use Enterprise Sites to setup a number of department specific sites.  The Set Extent does not allow an extent to be set and gives the error message "Extent is invalid".  Changing the Basemap options does not resolve the issue.  This prevents moving to the next steps and it's basically stuck on the first setup page.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you tell me what your browser console says when the error occurs? 

0 Kudos
MarcCavallaro
New Contributor III

Hi Graham,

Here’s a screen shot of the browser console. We are currently using a self signed cert, but we are in process of getting the domain cert issued and installed.

Marc S. Cavallaro GISP

Manager, Geospatial Services

North America

Technology Practice

Tel: +1 858 514 1065 Mob +1 760 815 1476

Atkins, member of the SNC-Lavalin Group

3570 Carmel Mountain Road, Suite 300, San Diego, CA, 92130

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can we get a case into support? I'd like to get some more detailed troubleshooting. Nothing in your screenshot looks out of place. We have a patch coming out for Sites shortly that we could try but that would just be a guess. 

I think a screenshare is probably the most expeditious way of resolving this bug!

Sorry you're having issues. 

0 Kudos
MarcCavallaro
New Contributor III

Will, do thanks Graham

0 Kudos
WilliamDeGraw
New Contributor III

Marc and Graham,

As a workaround...if you get to the point of seeing "Extent is invalid" with the developer tool open (in my case Firefox), then you use "Pick an element from the page" (it's the first icon on the left...rectangle with a pointer in it) and click on the greyed out 'next' button...this will highlight the code you can change. Expand the div tag <div class="col-xs-12"> and double click on  'disabled' (two lines below div tag), change disabled to enabled. This wll allow you to click next button and bypass the extent issue and allow you to play around with the site editor.

Graham - Please track issue via case# 02184598, current assigned to Steven R.