Decrease timeout setting for map layers that are slow (or fail) to load?

Jump to solution
12-20-2020 01:33 PM
Labels (2)
DionLiddellv2
New Contributor II

Sometimes a layer (or layers) within a map in Portal or ArcGIS Online will fail to load for whatever reason.  When this occurs there's often a long delay loading the map, and then eventually the following message will pop up:  Error: The Layer, ######, cannot be added to the map

I'm wondering if there is a map setting for reducing the timeout (wait time) on layers that are slow or fail to load? And if this timeout setting exists is there also an option to allow the map to continue to load gracefully (minus the problem layers) with no popup?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NoahKrach
Esri Contributor

Hello

In regards to time out issues, these settings can be changed in the Server Manager. The document below has some more information on this. 

Documents on Timeouts 

To my knowledge there is no way to stop the popup from occurring if a service fails to load.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NoahKrach
Esri Contributor

Hello

In regards to time out issues, these settings can be changed in the Server Manager. The document below has some more information on this. 

Documents on Timeouts 

To my knowledge there is no way to stop the popup from occurring if a service fails to load.