Datastore Restoration Fails for WEBGISDR

09-04-2019 03:31 PM
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor

When attempting to import a backup using the WEBGISDR tool, I am receiving the error below when it attempts to restore the datastore:

Attempt to configure data store failed..  Extended error message: Failed to grant file permission

I have double checked the share and NTFS permissions for all directories specified in my properties file.  I have tried importing the backup using a shared path and a local path.  This is a single-server, development environment with ArcGIS 10.6.0 on Windows 2016.  

Have a look at the screenshot, too.  Has anyone experienced this error before?  

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you verify whether the account used to run the service has full control permissions over the data directory, (C:\arcgisdatastore) and the install directory (C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\DataStore)? Are you running the restore as an administrator in an elevated prompt?

0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor

Verified permissions.  Full control for my service account in both directories.  Yes, I’m launching this from an admin command prompt.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you trying to restore a backup from a different environment, or was the backup taken from the same environment? Where is the backup location set for the Data Store in the target environment? It seems like the only time that error is returned is if it's a permissions problem, so something else might be going on to cause the problem. I'd say the best way to troubleshoot is reach out to Tech Support so they can work with you on resolving the problem.

0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm trying to restore from a backup that was taken from the same environment.  Right now, the backup location is set to C:\TEMP but I tried it also using a UNC share path.  Same results.  

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Sorry, I mean the backup location for the ArcGIS Data Store. You can run the describedatastore.bat file to check. If you haven't set this, it should be set to a subdirectory within the C:\arcgisdatastore folder.

0 Kudos
SebastianCabrera
Esri Contributor

Hi Jonathan Quinn‌,

Im seeing this problem trying to recover in a different environment, what should I check, or take into account? Folder permissions are ok, the same service account is running Data store service.

Thank you

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

You can try to run ProcMon to see what folders/files the ArcGIS Data Store is accessing during the restore. It may tell you which directory path it can't reach. You can also reach out to Support and ask them to log a bug that the error should be more descriptive to provide more information to an administrator about what is failing.

0 Kudos