Create feature layer in ArcGIS Portal missing

Jump to solution
01-10-2020 05:02 AM
OlovMelin
New Contributor II

Hello!

I have ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 installed. It's an single machine deployment with ArcGIS Server federated and choosen as hosting server. It was an test-enivorment with test-licenses until last week. Updated with buissness licenses and everything checked green. However when I try create new feature layer in portal there are no options for that;

It suppose to look like this;

My user i admin and creator.

Any ideas on whats wrong?

/Olof

20 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

FYI port 80 is not required for communication between Portal and Server. In fact, starting at 10.6.x or 10.7.x, Portal and Server moved to only support HTTPS by default. You need to opt-in to HTTP.

Portal and Server can communicate via a self-signed certificate, which is the default for any deployment created using the AEB, or manually as long as you use the internal URLs for the admin URL and private portal URL. My assumption is that the CN mismatch caused this issue more than anything else.

0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

This is a problem certificates. You need check self certificates and CN then if you need change admin url you can do in https://mymachine.domain.com/portal/sharing/rest/portals/0123456789ABCDEF/servers.

In portal check portal properties https://mymachine.domain.com:6443/arcgis/admin/security/config

OlovMelin
New Contributor II

Problem solved with the right server and root certificates. After import the function pops up in portal . Thanks for all the help and answers.

MohammedAlHamimi
New Contributor

glade that issue been solved. I have the same issue, could you explain more how to solve this issue, please?

0 Kudos
ThomasPuthusserry
New Contributor III

Hi Olov

I too face same issue:

I am using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8. I have Portal, Server (federated and hosted) and Datastore. Everything works except, I can't see the 'Create Feature Layer' in Portal. I can import shapefile and that creates a hosted feature layer. 

I am using a wild card SSL in the server from CA. I have imported the SSL root, intermediate and existing server certificate (wildcard from CA) and updated  the Web Server SSL Certificate in both Portal and Server using the wildcard certificate. 

I have also updated the SSL in Datastore following the steps here.

I still have no success. Any suggestions highly appreciated.

If screenshots needed, I can provide.

0 Kudos
TomMerhige
Esri Contributor

Are there any security protocols in place that could be restricting the portal's proxy capability? You may be able to check this by following the steps in this documentation to view the portal's security configuration:

Restricting the portal's proxy capability—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

Irina_Rakhimova
Esri Contributor

Hi Thomas,

Not sure if you are still facing the issue, however wanted to share our way of resolving it. As @TomMerhige pointed out, our deployment had allowedProxyHosts restriction applied which, in fact, included Hosting ArcGIS Server machine name. However, "Create Feature Layer" option was still missing. SSL certificates were all valid and trusted across entire deployment.

When running network trace on clicking Create button, we noticed 400 response with Invalid URL error referencing Portals' sharing proxy call to ArcGIS Hosting Server:6443 url.

Request URL:

To resolve: Even though allowedProxyHosts had hosting Server's entry included, we added it again copying the value from the failed request in Network trace: lea-agshosting.services.esriaustralia.com.au 

Hope this helps!

Irina.

0 Kudos
StuartMellanby
Esri Contributor

We saw the same issue. No create layers and more page in the content page. When loading the content page there was a 500 error in a /porta/sharing/proxy call to the server machine. Portal logs showed unable to find valid certification path to requested target.

fix: imported app gateway cert root and intermediate into portal and server. problem cured.

Dong-heeKim
Esri Contributor

I allowed Proxy and configured root certificate in Portal, Server, DataStore. But I can't slove...

I have the problem that create feature layer, tile layer button missing.

0 Kudos
FrédéricPRALLY
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I solve this issue restarting Portal for ArcGIS Windows services.

Hope this help you,

Best regards,

Fred