Counting Related Table Inspections on a Dashboard

10-09-2019 10:35 AM
JasonCyphers
Occasional Contributor III

I have a point feature with a related table for inspections.  Within an operations dashboard, is there a way to show the number of points that haven't been inspected in over a year?

Only way I can think to do it is by joining the point feature with the related table's data into a single feature layer (which I really don't want to do).

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StevenRamirez
Esri Contributor

Hi Jason, 

Thank you for posting this question to the GeoNet community. The answer to this question is that it depends. While a feature service can be published to ArcGIS Server with a table join linking two data tables together and making them accessible via rest as a read only layer in Portal. Adding this to Operations Dashboard, should, be possible to use with filtering by 'not inspected' points.  However, one of the limitations with this type of workflow, is that the joined table cannot be edited from the REST point.  If the data is hosted by Portal, then you can try running a join from the Analysis with the tables in map viewer. As you identify, this will create a new layer, which can then be used in Ops Dashboard.  For more information on the Join Feature analysis tool, please see our documentation here: Join Features—Portal for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Enterprise

0 Kudos