Configure ArcGis Online geocoding in Portal 10.5

04-28-2017 01:44 PM
MichaelBonk
New Contributor

Trying to configure Geocoding using ArcGIS Online in Portal 10.5.  Put in credentials for ArcGIS Online and get a message:  Notice.  Unable to communicate with ArcGIS online.  This feature requires external access to ArcGIS Online and cannot be used in a disconnected environment.

I can reach ArcGIS online from a browser on the server.  Not sure what the issue is. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

I would verify that the machine Portal for ArcGIS is installed on, can access the internet. Perhaps you have a firewall security setting on that is blocking communication? Suggest you check with your IT folks.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
MichaelBonk
New Contributor

I can hit ArcGIS online on the internet from that server using a browser but have sent an email to our network group asking that same question.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

What account is running the Portal for ArcGIS service?  You can check this by click Start > Run > type in 'services.msc'.  You will see the user for the service 'Portal for ArcGIS' under the Log On As column.  Try logging onto the Portal for ArcGIS server with this account and see if you are able to connect to ArcGIS Online.  I've seen errors when this account cannot make outboud requests to the internet.

MichaelBonk
New Contributor

I tried logging into the server with the same user as is configured to run the service and was able to hit the arcgis online site and log into arcgis online.

0 Kudos
DanBrumm
New Contributor II

Michael

Did you ever figure this out? This is the exact same issue we are having. 

Dan 

0 Kudos
SimonLynch
New Contributor III

Hi I was able to log in to my local Server; as the user running the Portal Service; open a browser and log in to AGO. But i get the same error msg reported above too. Please advise??

-Sim

0 Kudos