Changing the Portal for ArcGIS account

Jump to solution
07-05-2019 07:02 AM
BarbaraS
Occasional Contributor

Quick backstory: I am attempting to migrate our ArcGIS Enterprise environment to new servers. Portal was installed using a local user and based on the steps described here, causes a problem. I can't give the local server user access to our shared location. In order to fix that, I attempted to change the Portal for ArcGIS account following the information from here.

I located the .bat file, no problem, looked at the content in Notepad++ but what exactly am I supposed to do? 

I tried to change line 26 to the following:

@echo Usage: "configureserviceaccount [--username domain\portaladmin] [--password xxxxx] [--readconfig user-configure-file] [--writeconfig c:\temp\domainaccountconfig.xml]"

After doing so, I ran the .bat as administrator, the command window appear for 0.2 seconds and nothing happened. The serviceconfiguration.xml (this location: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\framework\etc\serviceconfiguration.xml) still had the arcgis user as the admin.

Our IT department couldn't help unfortunately and our Esri support distributor neither, so I am turning to the community. Has anybody done this before? What am I missing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

You don't need to modify anything within the configureserviceaccount.bat file. You run the .bat file and provide the necessary arguments to configure Portal to use your new account:

Changing the Portal for ArcGIS account—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

You don't need to modify anything within the configureserviceaccount.bat file. You run the .bat file and provide the necessary arguments to configure Portal to use your new account:

Changing the Portal for ArcGIS account—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

BarbaraS
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Jonathan! In the end, I got hold of an Esri consultant and he did exactly that

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu
Occasional Contributor II

How to set up gSMA Account using this bat file without password ?

0 Kudos