Change apparance of the selection line when using Select Elements in Layout View

12-21-2012 08:41 AM
MaximSilin
New Contributor III
Hi All,

Is there a way to control the way how the Select Element selection handles & lines appear in ArcMap Layout View? I.e. if you open Layout View in ArcMap and select a dataframe, legend, title or any other element of the layout, by default ArcMap highlights it with a thin dashed blue line (see attached). If you have several elements selected in the layout, the main element will be selected with the blue line, the rest will be selected with green lines. Is there a way to control color and type of line that is used for selection, similar to what you can do for the feature selection?

Thanks,
Max
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MaximSilin
New Contributor III
Thanks for the response, David. The reason I brought up this question in the first place, was that one of our clients was having an issue where the aforementioned selection lines would appear differently on one workstation (Windows 7). I.e. instead of a dashed line, she would see a solid thick line, and therefore wanted to change that. At the same time, the client was saying that in the past she had seen similar issue before and was able to change the appearance. At the end, it turned out that it was not something you change within ArcGIS, but rather a result of Windows setting:

1) Right-click on the desktop and select �??Screen Resolution�?�
2) Select the �??Make text and other items larger or smaller�?�
3) Settings other than default (i.e. 100%) will make dashed lines to appear as a solid line.

Other than that, David was right - there is no way to control element selection line appearance. So I'll follow the suggestion and post a note on Esri Ideas web-site.

Thanks,
Max
0 Kudos
MaximSilin
New Contributor III
0 Kudos