Cartography with Related Tables

03-02-2011 05:59 AM
MatthewHiett
New Contributor
I have a table in which there are many records I want to relate to a single shape ??? i.e. multiple public opinion surveys but only a single municipal boundary.  The obvious first action is to relate the two tables (the spatial and the survey results); however, I want to be able to either a) create maps based on the data in the related table or b) use the Publisher extension to create a .pmf that includes both the spatial data and the data from the related table.

The ultimate goal here is to place a spatial component on the survey data that can be used for creating useful information from the raw data.

Thanks for the help,
Matt
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
GarySchells
New Contributor III
Hi Matt.  Did you ever get this figured out?  If so, could you share your solution?

Thanks,
Gary
0 Kudos
DanEvans
Occasional Contributor II
Hi,

It sounds like what you want to do could be done using the Make Query Table tool. That would give you multiple copies of each boundary depending on how many survey results you have.

Alternatively if that's not exactly what you meant, it is possible to publish relationships in ArcReader if they are set up as part of a geodatabase rather than as simple map relates...

Hope that helps...

Dan
0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor
Going with what Dan said, here is a blog that explains how to use the MQT tool for this type of situation.
0 Kudos