Cannot Delete Portal Users

08-21-2015 11:45 AM
BobbiLay
New Contributor III

I keep getting the same error (when I'm logged in as admin): Cannot delete user *%$*(*^ Member must not own items or groups.... I could understand if this person did own ANYTHING but the person has never even logged in.  We have hardly used Portal and I recently upgraded to 10.3.  I'd be perfectly happy to just start from scratch but I'm not sure what I would change to get a clean slate.  I feel like a full uninstall may not even do it.  If I don't find a way to get rid of users I may end up doing that.  Command line deleteusers is no help either.

boo

13 Replies
FabianMeyer1
New Contributor II

Yes, it did.

AnibalMmartinez
Occasional Contributor

Gracias, tenemos el mismo problema en nuestra empresa con 10.5.0,  y esto ocurrió con el agregado del primer usuario. ¿Si lo solucionamos, hay garantía de que no vuelva a pasar?, ¿se sabe porque ocurre el issue?. Gracias Anibal

0 Kudos
TroyBum72
Occasional Contributor

This worked PERFECT for me too.  Thanks!  It is nice when the forums have good useful information, and people report back successes.  NOTE:  The pgsql tools all say "initial admin account and pw" and it means it, not sure how/if you can change the password but we do have a rigorous PW management/recycle/complexity standard and it took a bit to come up with the "original" password in order to run the pgsql tools.  🙂

0 Kudos
MarkWestergaard
New Contributor III

I realize this thread is a bit old, but I ran into this issue on my new 11.1 installation (Linux) after enabling SSO with Azure Active Directory. Prior to AAD, I gave myself a regular "built-in" account for initial testing. After enabling SSO, I transferred all of the content from that account to my new AAD account. I verified the test account had no items and no group memberships. When I tried to delete the test account, it claimed there were items or groups. If I tried to display either, it claimed there were none.

I used the psql command described above but the account persisted in the portal interface and I could see the index status was incorrect, also described above. The reindex step ultimately cleared it. 

0 Kudos