Can PORTAL use a hosted feature service from AGOL?

Jump to solution
09-15-2020 01:54 PM
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

I have a non-public hosted feature service in AGOL, from which I've created a layer view that is shared with an AGOL group.

I have a non-federated PORTAL.

Can I use the layer view from AGOL within PORTAL?

When I try to add the AGOL layer view to Portal (from Web), it recognizes that it is a secure service and asks for credentials, but DOES NOT give me the option to store the credentials with the service item.  I can initially access the layer using my AGOL credentials, but not using Portal credentials.  Because of this, I don't see how I can share this with a Group in PORTAL.

Jay

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffSmith
Esri Contributor

Hi Jay,

Yes, you should be able to save credentials for a secured layer view from ArcGIS Online as long as your portal is able to make outbound requests to the Internet.  Since you do not see the option to save credentials right now, I suspect your organization may use a forward proxy for Internet access.  If that is the case, you just need to configure your portal to use that forward proxy.  Information on how to do this can be found here:

Configure your portal to use a forward proxy server—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Ent... 

Jeff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffSmith
Esri Contributor

Hi Jay,

Yes, you should be able to save credentials for a secured layer view from ArcGIS Online as long as your portal is able to make outbound requests to the Internet.  Since you do not see the option to save credentials right now, I suspect your organization may use a forward proxy for Internet access.  If that is the case, you just need to configure your portal to use that forward proxy.  Information on how to do this can be found here:

Configure your portal to use a forward proxy server—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Ent... 

Jeff

0 Kudos
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Jeff - great to know this is possible to do.  I'll get my sys admins to look into this.

Jay

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos