Buffer tool that allows export of records

04-20-2020 07:31 AM
KarenStartup
New Contributor II

Hi

I have tried various widgets but without much joy.  I want to make an app which allows users to pick a location, create a buffer and then export the records of a hosted feature class that falls within the buffer to csv.  Is there something that already does this? I have tried the buffer tool, find my nearest and data extract but nothing quite does what I need.

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Karen,

> I want to make an app which allows users to pick a location, create a buffer and then export the records of a hosted feature class that falls within the buffer to csv. ... I have tried various widgets but without much joy.  

Based on your statement, it sounds like you're using Web AppBuilder within Portal for ArcGIS (as the question is posted in the Portal for ArcGIS forum.

Have you looked at the Incident Analysis widget? It might meet your needs,

Incident Analysis widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
KarenStartup
New Contributor II

Hi Derek

Thanks for replying.  Unfortunately the Incident Analysis widget only allows 3 fields in your exported data and I need to export all the fields from the table.  Otherwise that would have worked well.  I am trying to enable users to make there own address lists for areas.  The select data widget is great if they want to draw a polygon around their area but often they need to use a distance from a point a buffer.  It is a shame the select widget does not include this option. 

If anyone has any other ideas of how to get around this I would be very grateful.

Karen

JoeCatanzarita1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Karen Startup,

I'm curious to know if you've tried the Analysis > Extract Data Widget? 

If you're creating a Buffer, that should create a separate layer for you. Afterwards, you can open the Extract Data section, specify a layer and then output to a CSV?

Looking forward to your response!

Joe

KarenStartup
New Contributor II

Hi Joe

I can see how that could work but there is no way in the buffer tool to make a buffer of a point that the user places on the map. You can do this in Incident analysis but then you can’t save the buffer to a feature. If I use draw to add a point that doesn’t appear in the layers to use to create the buffer. It seems an obvious thing to want to do but I can’t work out a way to do it.

Thanks for your suggestion though.

Karen

0 Kudos