Jump to solution
10-23-2017 08:28 AM
SaraEL_MALKI
Occasional Contributor II

Hi guys,

due to this article:

ArcGIS Online | Service Credits 

I have known that for an  operation its equal to a credit, 

Is it the same thing for Portal for ArcGIS or just for ArcGIS online ?

thanks for your help in advance

rscheitlin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sara,

When using Portal (on premise) You are not connecting with AGOL or consuming credits.

https://community.esri.com/thread/89972#comment-370750 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sara,

When using Portal (on premise) You are not connecting with AGOL or consuming credits.

https://community.esri.com/thread/89972#comment-370750 

SaraEL_MALKI

that means using ArcGIS server with Data Store and Portal, what's the case if I use Federated server ?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

That is more of a question for others with federated server experience. dlaw-esristaff

SaraEL_MALKI

Thanks for your help and time Mr. Robert

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sara,

> that means using ArcGIS server with Data Store and Portal, what's the case if I use Federated server ?

Other have already replied to your original question. But for this one: when a Server site is federated with Portal - it just means that you've configured the Server site to use the security model that has been configured for Portal. A federated Server site does not directly affect/consume credits. Only a hosting server with Portal will use credits - as others have explained.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
SaraEL_MALKI

Hi Derek,

thanks for your response,

a hosting server with Portal means using Portal on premise,isn't it ? which means (as M. Robert said) it does NOT consume credits at all, but you've said the opposite ? 

am I getting it wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your clarification

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Sara,

> a hosting server with Portal means using Portal on premise,isn't it ?

Correct.

> which means (as M. Robert said) it does NOT consume credits at all

Not quite, it depends on how you configure Portal. It is possible for Portal to use credits.

> but you've said the opposite ?

To clarify my reply, I meant to say that if you've configured a hosting server with Portal, AND if you've enabled a proxy user (as others have mentioned in their posts) in Portal, then it may consume credits.

For example, Configure Living Atlas content—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope this helps,

SaraEL_MALKI

Hi Derek,

is that means that if I configure Portal to use the utility services it starts consuming Credits ?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Sara,

If you configure utility services with the Esri services from ArcGIS Online, then yes - Portal would consume credits.

Hope this helps,