ArcGIS Web Adaptor cannot be configured with Portal for ArcGIS if it is installed on a website running on a port other than 80 or 443.

12-19-2017 02:59 PM
SergioAlarcon_Ortega
New Contributor II

According to documentation 

Configure ArcGIS Web Adaptor—Installation Guides (10.5) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Before proceeding, ensure ArcGIS Web Adaptor is installed on a website running on port 80 or port 443. ArcGIS Web Adaptor cannot be configured with Portal for ArcGIS if it is installed on a website running on a port other than 80 or 443.

but 

Configure ArcGIS Web Adaptor—Installation Guides (10.5) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Before proceeding, ensure ArcGIS Web Adaptor is installed on a website running on port 80. ArcGIS Web Adaptor cannot be configured with Portal for ArcGIS if it is installed on a website running on a port other than 80.

which is correct? is it necessary 80 or 443, only 80 o both 80 and 443? 

i have a problem i don't know if it is because i have only port 443 

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I am sure I have configured Portal for ArcGIS with Web Adaptor running on port 80 as well as 443 (either one).

Think Location
SergioAlarcon_Ortega
New Contributor II

Thank you, @JayantaPoddar

Perhaps the problema it’s other thing.

the documentation is not clear and   should be corrected

In two places is said  different things

JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

443 is required for Portal, we'll get this corrected in the documentation.

SergioAlarcon_Ortega
New Contributor II

Jonatha, jayanta, 

I think the documentation should say: 

Verify that you have a website running on port 80 or HTTPS is enabled on port 443. This is to accommodate the variety of encrypted and unencrypted calls made to Portal for ArcGIS. ArcGIS Web Adaptor cannot be configured with your portal if it is deployed on a website running on ports other than 80 or 443. For instructions on how to create a website, consult the product documentation specific for your Java application server. For more information about setting up and using HTTPS, see Enable HTTPS on your web server.

but documentation for arcgis 10.6, still say 

Verify that you have a website running on port 80 and HTTPS is enabled on port 443. This is to accommodate the variety of encrypted and unencrypted calls made to Portal for ArcGIS. ArcGIS Web Adaptor cannot be configured with your portal if it is deployed on a website running on ports other than 80 and 443. For instructions on how to create a website, consult the product documentation specific for your Java application server. For more information about setting up and using HTTPS, see Enable HTTPS on your web server.

0 Kudos