ArcGIS Server 10.4.1 patch installation and subsequent Data Store matters

01-01-2019 05:57 PM
StephenRetallack2
New Contributor II

I recently applied all ArcGIS Server 10.4.1 and Portal for ArcGIS patches and noticed when I was using the ArcGIS Data Store command describedatastore, two things changed:

1. Is backup folder shared.............false (was true)
  2. Data store status...................RecoveryFailed 

Why?

The data store still appears to be backing up okay to the back up network location.

Maybe not related but, I have not applied the Data Store integrity patch for 10.4.1 (ArcGIS Data Store Data Integrity Patch ) since the Windows "Instructions for relational data store machines"  step 5 states: 

"Run the configuredatastore utility and specify '--operation repair'. There is no need to run this on the standby relational data store."

There is no such repair operation at 10.4.1. so I didn't take the risk of upgrading. This is the command options at 10.4.1:

E:\ArcGIS\DataStore\tools>configuredatastore.bat
Usage: "configuredatastore serverURL serverAdminUser serverAdminPassword directory [--stores [relati
onal][,][tileCache][,][spatiotemporal]] [--nosql-only true|false]"

and help:

ArcGIS Data Store command utility reference—Portal for ArcGIS (10.4.1) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

nor 10.6.1:

ArcGIS Data Store command utility reference—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

plus I noticed in my 10.6.1 test environment the configuredatastore.bat file is empty:

Is there something corrupt with my 10.6.1 install?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
StephenRetallack2
New Contributor II

I was able to sort out the configuredatastore.bat issue on the 10.6.1 install, but still there is no '--operation repair' and may not be applicable at this version.

Also, I corrected the backup location share issue and Data Store status by stopping the the ArcGIS Data Store Windows Service and changing the associated values in the arcgis-data-store-config.json file. Then restarted the service.

0 Kudos