Arcgis Portal : Analysis widget error 403

10-19-2017 02:33 AM
NicolasFaget1
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

We have a problem with the Analysis Widget in WebApp in ArcGIS Portal. 

In fact, we have :

• A server with ArcGIS Server 10.5.1 and ArcGIS Data Store 10.5.1
  • A server with ArcGIS Portal 10.5.1 and two Web Adaptor (Portal and Server)
  • All is configured with a signed certificate and https only

We can do analysis in WebMap but in WebApp, we never have the answer of the analysis.

In the ArcGIS Server log, we have this error : 

Error executing tool. CreateBuffers Job ID: j52a644d47a7f43ca943961321856af28 : Invalid value for parameter inputLayer - Details : Portal request computePrivateServiceUrl failed with error ERROR: code:403, You do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this operation. Access to this resource is forbidden, regardless of authorization.

Do you have an idea of the problem ?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
19 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you have the necessary permissions?

To perform analysis, the administrator of your organization needs to grant you certain privileges. To use any of the analysis tools, you need the following privileges:

- Create, update, and delete content
- Publish hosted features
- Spatial analysis

and permissions for data.

Analysis tools must have access to the data used by the layers and services on which you run them. If you use ArcGIS Server map or feature services, the analysis tools must have access to the data; therefore, the URL to the service must be a public URL or be on the same network as your portal.

Think Location
0 Kudos
NicolasFaget1
New Contributor III

Thank you for your answers.

This problem also occur as a portal administrator.

Our data is stored in a SQL server database. I tested with features services and by importing a shapefile directly into the Portal.

Everything is on the same network.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

If you were to look at the hosting server's Security information, (https://<machine>.<domain>.com:6443/arcgis/admin/security/config), do you see a privateHostingServerUrl property?  Are you able to access that URL?

NicolasFaget1
New Contributor III

Yes, i see : privateHostingServerUrl:"https://XXXXX.XXXX.XX:6443/arcgis"

I am able to access this url

0 Kudos
KierenTinning2
New Contributor III

Two options (based on issues we had). When we shared the Geoprocessing tools analysis failed using WebApps - have you shared the tools? If so, can you unshare them and test again.

Also, is your hosting server Postgresql or SQL Server? We set ours up with Oracle initially and there are a whole number of functions that don't work (and don't error out meaningfully either) if you haven't used Postgres as the hosting DB

0 Kudos
FabianMeyer1
New Contributor II

Hi Nicolas,

did you find a solution for this problem in the meanwhile?

I'm dealing with a  similary problem at the moment. All Spatial Analysis Tools in Portal produce error messages, regardless of using them in a WebApp or in WebMap. The service log file is not very helpful, even in debug mode.

Error message in WebApp

Error executing tool. CreateBuffers Job ID: j228ea2cba76e4949a1dcd49ad63ab02f : Invalid value for parameter inputLayer - Details : Portal request computePrivateServiceUrl failed with error ERROR: code:403, You do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this operation. Access to this resource is forbidden, regardless of authorization. 

Error message in WebMap

Error executing tool. CreateBuffers Job ID: j40acfbfd3e604660bc3deaf81686b293 : {"messageCode": "AO_100012", "message": "CreateBuffers failed."}

Any hints will be helpful!

Regards,

Fabian

0 Kudos
KierenTinning2
New Contributor III

Fabian,

Have you shared your geoprocessing tools in Portal? If so, can you try unsharing them.  I know it's an odd suggestion, but this was one of the problems we encountered when we had a similar error message.

Kieren

0 Kudos
FabianMeyer1
New Contributor II

Hi Kieren,

I already followed your suggestion and unshared the service SpatialAnalysisTools. Unfortunately the error persists...

Regards,

Fabian

0 Kudos
KierenTinning2
New Contributor III

What are you using for the data store? Default data store? Or are you using a relational database?