ArcGIS Enterprise Portal with Developer subscription: members limitations

Jump to solution
11-26-2020 08:16 AM
DiegoGuidi
New Contributor III

Good morning,

I've installed and activated using my "Developer Subscription Premium" the ArcGIS Enterprise Portal Standard version. I see that I've only two users available, a single "creator" user (mine) and a single viewer (unused right now).

I'm just wondering how to add more users, if possible: can someone point me to a documentation page where this is explained?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonSwoveland
Occasional Contributor

Hi Diego, to enable the addition of more users, you will need to generate a new Portal license file (.json). This is done through  My Esri: https://my.esri.com/.   Now, it may be different with a developer account, but with an enterprise account, you select "My Organizations" and then "Licensing".  
Look for "License Esri Products" with a big blue Start button.
From there:

• Product: ArcGIS Enterprise
  • Version:  <select version>
  • License type: Portal for ArcGIS
  • Select a Version: <select specific version>

Once you click Next, you'll go to a form that allows you to select the number of users of each type to provision, up to the number available to you.  After entering those fields, click Next again, and fill out all the info required.  I recommend adding some info to the notes field to remind you later of where this license file is used.

Once you've generated the license file, sign into Portal as the admin and go to Organization->Licenses and click the Import  Licenses button.  

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JonSwoveland
Occasional Contributor

Hi Diego, to enable the addition of more users, you will need to generate a new Portal license file (.json). This is done through  My Esri: https://my.esri.com/.   Now, it may be different with a developer account, but with an enterprise account, you select "My Organizations" and then "Licensing".  
Look for "License Esri Products" with a big blue Start button.
From there:

• Product: ArcGIS Enterprise
  • Version:  <select version>
  • License type: Portal for ArcGIS
  • Select a Version: <select specific version>

Once you click Next, you'll go to a form that allows you to select the number of users of each type to provision, up to the number available to you.  After entering those fields, click Next again, and fill out all the info required.  I recommend adding some info to the notes field to remind you later of where this license file is used.

Once you've generated the license file, sign into Portal as the admin and go to Organization->Licenses and click the Import  Licenses button.  

Hope this helps!

DiegoGuidi
New Contributor III

Thanks for the detailed explaination, it's something I totally forgot when generating the license file for the first time. Now I checked again and I saw that developer license "premium" provides a total of 2 editors and 3 viewers.

0 Kudos
FRodriguez
Esri Contributor

Hi, do you know if there is documentation were the amount of users included can be verified? Like a productization plan for arcgis developer subscription. 

0 Kudos