What is the permissions criteria Portal uses for allowing users to "export data"?

Jump to solution
02-12-2019 08:32 AM
RoyceSimpson
Occasional Contributor III

I've setup ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7 pre-release and am confused about one key piece of functionality.  I'd like anonymous users to be able to use the "export data" capability for hosted feature layers.  It doesn't appear that Portal allows this.  If I sign is as a "creator" with "publisher" role, I see the "export data" option.  If I log in as a viewer with viewer role, I don't see it.  I've searched through the docs and don't see any info on what allow that option to be visible or not.  I have checked the "allow users to export data" option for the hosted feature layer and that doesn't seem to have any effect.  Anyone know what's going on here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RoyceSimpson

The official answer is that this is a limitation of the way exported data is handled by Portal.  The user needs to be able to create and own content for the time it takes to do the export.  There is an internal "enhancement" record on file, so esri knows about it and is working on it.

x (x)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RoyceSimpson

The official answer is that this is a limitation of the way exported data is handled by Portal.  The user needs to be able to create and own content for the time it takes to do the export.  There is an internal "enhancement" record on file, so esri knows about it and is working on it.

x (x)
0 Kudos
AlkaRamnath
New Contributor III

Hi

Do you know if ESRI have resolved this issue? I need my users with a "data editor" role (creator type) and "viewer" role (viewer type) to be able to export from a hosted feature I have created.

What does "The user needs to be able to create and own content for the time it takes to do the export" mean?

Thank you.