Select to view content in your preferred language

What is the best way for me to create a public facing portal to customers to order infrastructure I want to lease?

3 weeks ago
CommunityUser
New Contributor

I am new to ArcGIS and we have ArcGIS Enterprise. I am looking for a solution which will help me create a portal which is publicly accessible for customers to be able to order to rent some of my infrastructure. 

I want to ensure the capacity management is done in ArcGIS so I dont over order and want a capability to filter  only particular inventory which I want customers to rent/lease for a duration. 

Is there a product which is available or what is the best way to achieve this solution? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
berniejconnors
Regular Contributor

Sounds like ArcGIS Online.  Why would customers purchase from you when they could have the stability of ArcGIS Online that is managed by Esri?

0 Kudos
berniejconnors
Regular Contributor

If you want to offer managed GIS services why not build it on an open source GIS stack with Geoserver or Mapserver?  And save yourself all of the Esri licensing fees.

0 Kudos
CommunityUser
New Contributor

I am not looking to offer GIS service managed or ArcGIS Online. 

In my organisation, we manage some poles which are geographically spread and managed in ArcGIS. Now some of these poles (which can host cables) are not in full capacity so we want to build a capability so that other business can rent out our infrastructure. What I am trying to understand and/or find a capability /solution so that we can create a website so our business clients can raise an order through this site so they can lease and this updates the capacity on the poles in ArcGIS , report if there is an issue , perform installation safely , report if any wrong capacity on the poles, etc. 

0 Kudos
berniejconnors
Regular Contributor

Ok, I understand your question better now.  It sounds like you need to build an Experience Builder app that will display a map of your infrastructure network and allow users to query your data to see how much capacity is available along a path.  This will be a complex application and its not possible to provide a full answer here.

Bernie.

0 Kudos