Webgisdr used to work, now gives error

01-05-2021 01:18 PM
AmyBrassieur
New Contributor III

I have Enterprise 10.6.1.  Last year, I succeeded in getting webgisdr to work. The last time I did it was November 5, 2020.

Today, I brought up the screen shot from the November command window, and executed the command exactly the same.  It gives this error:

"The system cannot find the path specified." 

I don't know what path it's talking about.   I checked the portal URL, it resolves fine.  This same file worked perfectly last time. 

The JAVA_HOME operating system environment variable has the correct path. 

I must be overlooking something obvious. 

I would appreciate any  help. 

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Strange error... was JAVA_HOME set before when it was working correctly? What path is it set to? There's no need to set it explicitly. I don't think the error is indicative of an incorrect path, though.

0 Kudos
AmyBrassieur
New Contributor III

Right, I just checked the Windows server settings to make sure JAVA_HOME was set there. And it was. I was just racking my brain for what path the error was talking about. 

I didn't explicitly set JAVA_HOME in the batch file either time. 

0 Kudos
AmyBrassieur
New Contributor III

Screen shots of Windows environment variable dialog and webgisdr batch file

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Amy,

Its looks like there is definitely something wrong with your environment variables. If you run echo %PATH% from the command line does this print successfully or do you receive the same "system cannot find the path specified" errors?

AmyBrassieur
New Contributor III

It does print successfully, screen shot attached.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

I suggest running Process Monitor when running the DR tool to see what it's attempting to access when it's running. You should see results in ProcMon indicating files or folders are not found, which may be leading to the error you're seeing.

AmyBrassieur
New Contributor III

Process Monitor. I guess my lack of server background is showing now, I had never heard of Process Monitor until you mentioned it. This is a very helpful suggestion. Now I'm going to read up on the help, possibly learn how the filtering works so I can see DR tool activities without the noise of everything else. Thanks for being patient with my dumb questions. Our GIS servers pre-dated the advent of our in-house IT guy, so he refuses to touch the GIS servers.  

0 Kudos
AmyBrassieur
New Contributor III

I'm trying to figure out how to run Process Monitor when I run the DR tool. Is that through the Process Monitor GUI or through a command line?  There's so much going on in Process Monitor that I can't figure out how to pare it down to this task. 

0 Kudos
TaoufikARAYEDH
New Contributor

When setting the JAVA_HOME environmental variable, make ure you don't include the /bin directory, as this will result 'The system cannot find the path specified error when running webgisdr.

0 Kudos