Webgisdr failing on multi machine setup

Jump to solution
01-25-2021 09:58 AM
Labels (1)
RichardSuematsu
New Contributor II

Webgisdr is failing on a multi machine setup on Red Hat.  

{"code":500,"messages":["Export operation failed. Failed to create the folder '/opt/arcgis/backup_shared/WebGISSite1611542526199/server/h0bgscuobjn5j1gz'."],"status":"error"}

I get this error on both ArcGIS Server machines.  Can the SHARED_LOCATION be a local folder?  I notice the documentation always uses examples of a UNC name (\\\\server name\\backup folder), but it never says is explicitly?

In my case, I specified SHARED_LOCATION = /opt/arcgis/backup_shared

And created that folder on each the Portal and the 2 ArcGIS machines

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

The SHARED_LOCATION has to be accessible by all machines within the deployment, so a local path won't work. Since it appears you're on Linux, my assumption is that /opt/arcgis/backup_share is either not mounted as a path on each machine or the UID of the install user on each machine doesn't match. Check the UID of the user who installed the software and is running the processes; the UID has to match across all machines.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

The SHARED_LOCATION has to be accessible by all machines within the deployment, so a local path won't work. Since it appears you're on Linux, my assumption is that /opt/arcgis/backup_share is either not mounted as a path on each machine or the UID of the install user on each machine doesn't match. Check the UID of the user who installed the software and is running the processes; the UID has to match across all machines.

RichardSuematsu
New Contributor II

That worked.  My /opt/arcgis/backup_share was not a mounted share across all machines.  Once I did that it worked.

0 Kudos