Web Appbuilder Portal 10.5 - Add Data Widget Configuration

06-26-2017 10:20 AM
Mtclimber03
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to use the web Appbuilder for ArcGIS Portal (10.5) with an add data widget. According to the documentation at --> Add Data widget—Portal for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Enterprise  there should be an option to configure the widget to add local files. When I attempt to configure this widget in Portal 10.5 WAB the only options I am presented with are Allow my content, Allow my Organization, Allow ArcGIS Online. There is no option for Allow File. 

Conversely, if I login in to ArcGIS Online and and create a new app with web appbuilder there is the option as stated for allow file within the add data widget configuration. 

Does anyone out here on GeoNet have the same issue or know if this is a bug or documentation error? I'm fairly new to Portal for ArcGIS coming from a few years experience with AGOL and web appbuilder.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Charlie,

> Does anyone out here on GeoNet have the same issue or know if this is a bug or documentation error?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Yes, this is a documentation error in the Portal for ArcGIS 10.5 help docs.

FYI, Portal for ArcGIS 10.5's embedded Web AppBuilder has the same capabilities that were in Web AppBuilder embedded in ArcGIS Online up to and including the Sept 2016 update. Any updates after that are not currently available in Portal for ArcGIS 10.5.

In your case, the Add Data widget supported adding local file based data in the ArcGIS Online Dec 2016 update.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Mtclimber03
Occasional Contributor

When is it planned to be added to portal? 

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Charlie,

This will be available in the forthcoming Portal for ArcGIS 10.5.1 release (end of this month).

Hope this helps,