Use Portal for ArcGIS to authorize ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
01-16-2018 08:23 AM
AlessandroValra
Occasional Contributor III

I am having troubles in doing what the tilte says.

Basically, I am following the instructions as in this help page, but I am stuck at point 5.

There's no trace of "ArcGIS Pro (for Portal use)" under Product Type list in my myesri portal.

This is blocking me to going on with the other steps.

Any idea?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlessandroValra

It seems one cannot authorize with both AGOL and Portal named license at the same time after buying the desktop which includes an organizational AGOL subscription and ArcGIS Enterprise with Portal for ArcGIS. I have to choose wheter to use one or the other. Good to know. I'll stick with AGOL in this case. Just to clarify: I am not saying that one cannot authorize with both AGOL and Portal for ArcGIS. This is specific for my very case. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alessandro,

You may need to reach out to customer service for this.  They can check to see which licenses you have available.  They can be reached at 888-377-4575.

0 Kudos
AlessandroValra

It seems one cannot authorize with both AGOL and Portal named license at the same time after buying the desktop which includes an organizational AGOL subscription and ArcGIS Enterprise with Portal for ArcGIS. I have to choose wheter to use one or the other. Good to know. I'll stick with AGOL in this case. Just to clarify: I am not saying that one cannot authorize with both AGOL and Portal for ArcGIS. This is specific for my very case. Thanks!

0 Kudos