Upgrading to Portal for ArcGIS 10.4

Jump to solution
02-25-2016 02:27 AM
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Hello Everyone!

I need urgent help please! I am in the process of upgrading from Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 to 10.4 and I'm stuck. I have successfully upgrade (to 10.4) all other associated applications such as, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS License Manager and ArcGIS for Server. Next on my list was Portal for ArcGIS, then the Web Adaptor last.

I thought the Portal for ArcGIS Account was the Initial Administrator Account or the existing Portal's Login detail. Tried both and I got the error seen below. Where am I going wrong? What is the Portal for ArcGIS Account?

Lara

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Yes.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

If the issue is possibly that your prior password is too weak perhaps setting the UAC password settings back to allow weak passwords would allow you to login.

Just a thought.

-Paul Davidson

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Try setting the password of your ArcGIS Server Account user within the Computer Management dialog:

Screen1.PNG

Then see if you get the 'invalid password' when you are specifying the Portal for ArcGIS account using the ArcGIS Server Account.

OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

It worked!!!! Thanks Jake, that did the trick!

I've installed Portal for ArcGIS 10.4 successfully, now I have other problems. Really sorry to be a bother, but I hope you can help me again.Here goes;

1. Directed to this page after installation:

Have no plans to create a new portal. Selected Join Existing Portal (Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 was up and running before 10.4 install.)

Put in all the particulars. Got the error below.

2. Tried to install the webadaptor. Another snag!

Below is what the error log had to say.

Help please! My Portal can't be down for long. My users will go up in arms.

Lara

0 Kudos
MiguelGonzález
New Contributor III

Hi Lara,

congratulations!

I was also starteled with this screen during the upgrade.

My Portal is still in test mode, so I tried "Create a New Portal" using my old Portal Admin Account. Afterwards I reinstalled the webadaptor, deleted the browser cache, reindexed the Portal's indexer, replaced the portal.ks with the 10.3.1-portal-ks (which you have to backup before the upgrade) and updated the portal's SSL certifcates (see: Upgrade Portal for ArcGIS—Portal for ArcGIS (10.4) | ArcGIS for Server )

This did the trick for me. I was able to log in and see all my configurations and webmaps of the 10.3.1 portal.

Good luck!

Simon

OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Simon.

I actually figured it out just a few minutes before your message came through. Was about to update this board when your message popped up. l'm grateful to everyone who helped me get here.

What occurred to me was that I should research what ESRI means by the "Join Existing Portal". I found out it didn't mean what I thought it meant at all. So I decided to Create a New Portal, all the while dreading that I will have to start all my configurations of the new Portal from scratch. I created the Initial Administrator Account with details from my previous installs and upgrades, and it worked. Then I installed my WebAdaptor, also with all my previous details, crossed my fingers and voila! that worked too! Logged in to my Portal and everything (Contents, Organization, etc) is as it was in 10.3.1. Halleluja!!!!

Thanks again!

Lara

PS: Now I'm going to Federate my Server with my Portal for the first time, so that my users can take advantage of the new Spatial Analysis functionality of 10.4. I hope I get through it on my own with out having to bother you good people any further .

0 Kudos
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jake. I've sorted it out. My Portal is now upgraded as well as up and running. Thanks for all your help.

Lara

0 Kudos
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Everyone for your suggestions. I have tried every suggestion, to no avail. I am at my wits end.

Ok. This is how it is;

1. My first install of Portal for ArcGIS was 10.3, then I upgraded to 10.3.1. (Absolutely no problem there).

The first install was to a local directory (default), based on the Portal Installation Guideline below.

"The location you specify must be a local directory; you cannot choose a shared network directory. This is because the Portal for ArcGIS service is configured to run under the Windows native LocalSystem account by default. The LocalSystem account cannot access network locations. After installation, it is possible to change the account that is used to run Portal for ArcGIS."

I never changed the account. Have tried to do so now. No deal!

2. It now looks to me that 10.4 wants installation to be on a Local or Domain Account.

How do I make this transition? I have tried everything I can think of.

Here is my ArcGIS Server Service, if it is of any relevance.

Help!

Lara

0 Kudos
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know what this means?

Service to Provider Hive is not enabled for this tenant '0123456789ABCDEF'.

Trying to run spatial analysis in Portal for ArcGIS 10.4, keep getting this error message.

Lara

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Lara,

I would recommend starting a new thread for your last question.

0 Kudos